Pages

Monday 26 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 24, 25 & 26



Day 24

If you saw my blog before I began 30 Days Wild, you may have seen a fungus I found called Many Zoned Polypore.
Here it is:




On Saturday, I went back to look at it and found that the white parts have now turned greenish:




I assume this is because it's older and it changes colour through time. I also found these mushrooms growing very nearby:




I haven't managed to work out what type of mushroom they are although I've searched to try to find out. There are so many and quite a few yellow ones, so I don't want to guess without being fairly sure!


Day 25

Yesterday was quite sunny here but not hot, which I was grateful for after the heatwave, so I took some time to meditate in the garden. I've been trying to practice Mindfulness for a few years and try to meditate regularly, but I haven't done so outside.

I tried to concentrate on the sounds of the birds and the feel of the breeze on my skin. It took a while to get into it, but when I did it was a lovely experience and very relaxing. To listen only to the birds and not be occupied with my thoughts going round in my head was a great way to clear my mind and put some things into perspective. I think everyone should try this for an inner sense of calm and a deeper connection to the world around us.

Here's a clam picture I created to kind of represent peacefulness in nature.





Day 26

The rain stayed off again today so even though it's a bit cloudy I had my lunch outside. It was only a sandwich, juice and a banana, but it was a welcome change to the usual routine and I think food tastes different out in the open. Why is that? The difference in the air?  ๐Ÿน๐ŸŒ

It reminded me very much of when my parents used to take me on picnics in the country when I was a child and when we used to have lunch in the garden in the summer. Back then we seemed to have sunny days all the time and we'd sit in the garden on our folding chairs with the sun umbrella and the table, enjoying the food and the fresh air. We'd be outside all day. I wouldn't come in until it started going dark! (The only problem was the flies landing in our squash. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ )




But I couldn't stay outside today. Things need to be done and so I had to tear myself away from the birds flitting about. ๐Ÿฆ



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.