Pages

Saturday 3 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 2 & 3



Day 2

Yesterday as I was at my front door, I saw a snail sliding down the wall right at the side. I decided it was a good opportunity to do another Random Act of Wildness and watched it as it went. This is the photo I took of it:




It was a lovely yellow colour, which I see quite a few of in my garden. I think it's a White-Lipped Snail, which can be completely yellow or yellow with brown bands. Snails are meant to be slow, but when you actually watch them, it's surprising how much ground they cover when they get going. This one went right down the wall and into a flower bed, probably to eat my plants. πŸ˜’πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š 

I tried to imagine what it might be like to be a snail, a small creature in a world of giant plants. Nothing to do except find a nice flower to eat but in danger of being eaten by a bird or hedgehog. Did it know I was there watching as it went on its way? Did it have an idea of where it was going or was it just wandering? 


Day 3

Today I got some new flowers and planted them in some empty pots I had.




This blue one is Lithodora. The bees seemed to love it at the garden centre, so I thought it would be good to have.




I also got marigolds.








It's been cloudy today with brief spells of sunshine but it's lovely to be in the garden planting when I know that the flowers will be good for the bees and butterflies. Knowing that they're providing food for insects makes me happy. Seeing their beautiful colours is good for me as well and they inspire my work.

Now, please excuse me while I go to clean my nails........πŸ˜‰


2 comments:

  1. I love the shot of the snail, so, so cute and the flowers are just gorgeous Sarah, what lovely colours! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.