Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 13 & 14



Day 13

I did a small survey of my garden to see what insects I could find there. I found quite a few!

There was a ladybird.




I can't tell which one it is though, a 14 spot?

I also found a Speckled Wood butterfly, a species which I see frequently fluttering around.




There were two types of snail, I'm not sure what this one is:




But this one is a Garden Snail (I think! πŸ˜‰).




I also found some cuckoo-spit on a few of my plants, so there are plenty of froghoppers about!




I once accidentally brushed against some cuckoo-spit and found the small green nymph on my hand. It was tiny, smaller than a pinhead. I looked at it for a while then put it back on a plant.

There was a web with shiny stuff on it too.




I'm assuming that it's slug or snail slime which has stuck to the web, but it's very pretty, almost like an abstract work of art or something fairies would leave behind.

On top of these, I saw several hover flies, which I couldn't get a photo of because they kept darting about, a few bumble bees who wouldn't keep still and woodlice which scattered when I moved the pot they were under along with a whole load of landhoppers which hopped too quickly to see properly. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ


Day 14

I decided to look at things from a different point of view, perhaps a worm or insect's eye view. 😊










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.