Pages

Monday 12 June 2017

30 Days Wild Days 11 & 12


Day 11

I've created a Wild Work of Art for day 11 of 30 Days Wild. I see at least one coal tit flitting around, so I thought I'd paint one.




I painted it with acrylics and gave it an abstract background representing leaves and trees around the bird.

These are the drawings I did to practise getting the bird's shape right.
I also tried drawing a blue tit while I decided which one to paint.







I love drawing and painting wildlife and nature but I never know if I'm doing justice to the beauty of the real thing.


Day 12

My parents have a rose which is about the same age as me. It's a pink flowering plant and blooms every year about now. The buds are opening but I noticed that one of them has developed into a white flower instead of the usual pink.




You can see the usual colour of the rose in the flower next to it. They do have whitish centres but not white petals.

This has never happened before and I don't know why it's happened now. Why do plants suddenly develop a different coloured flower? I think I need to do some research to find out. If anyone knows, please do tell me. This is a new discovery for me and has really surprised me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.