Pages

Saturday 26 March 2016

Happy Easter

Spring has definitely sprung now. I've seen the first bees of the year buzzing around in my garden. Here's one on a crocus.



You can see the yellow balls of pollen on her legs. They looked like little trousers! 

The birds are still working away at their nests. Monty and Mabel magpie have added their conservatory and now they're bringing soft materials in to pad it out. Their nest is so big, I can't see either of them when they're in it. William and Wilma woodpigeon are feeding themselves up with the seed I put out for them. No sooner do I leave the garden than they're there pecking madly at it. Usually, one flies down first, then the other barges in.

It's lovely waking in the morning to hear the birds singing. Robbie robin is usually the first I hear, then there's the chorus of chattering sparrows. If I named all of them I'd be here forever. 

I've been awake very early to hear the dawn chorus because I haven't slept very well the last few nights due to back pain. That's also why it's been a while since my last post and I haven't able to sew. Fortunately, I've seen a physiotherapist who gave me some exercises to do and I've had strong painkillers from my doctor, which have really helped. I've managed to do some drawing, the results of which you'll see soon.

Meanwhile, here's a bunny to say happy Easter!


 Easter seems to have come around very quickly. For me, it doesn't seem that long since Christmas, but then the Easter eggs have been in the shops since January.

We've also had the Spring Equinox this week, so the hours of daylight will be getting longer, which is lovely. More light, more energy, a time of hope and feeling better, with nature growing and showing us all her colour and diversity. 

I hope you have a happy Easter and enjoy the holiday. (Don't eat too much chocolate!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.