Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2016

A sad farewell

The last week has been a very sad one for me and my family. My cat Rusty, one half of the duo who gave their names to this blog, passed away. He was the blind cat I mentioned in an earlier post, the one who took me on trips around the road. Even though he was blind, he was still adventurous and never let anything stop him, dragging me behind him on the lead. 

In the house he was always on my lap or very near by, whether I was at my sewing machine, drawing, painting, at the computer, there he was, snoozing and keeping me company, or rubbing his head on my hands for a smooth. He once deleted two emails for me while having a wash near the keyboard!

My other cat Boots definitely knows something is wrong. He keeps looking at the place on the settee where Rusty usually slept like he's expecting him to be there but he's not and he seems confused as to where Rusty is. 

We miss Rusty terribly. He was with us for fourteen years. For a small cat, he had a big presence in this house and it feels emptier without him.

Here are some of the drawings I did of Rusty:

Sitting in the sun in the garden.




This is the painting of that drawing.





Curled around on the windowsill in the sun. (Yes, he loved laying in the sun!)





Two 'cat naps' from a drawing I put in an earlier post.









Most of my cat drawings are Rusty. There are lots that I've done and I'll probably do more, but now I'll be working from photos instead of the real, beautiful cat.

It's St. David's Day here in Wales, so here's a photo of our national flower, the daffodil bringing bright colour to our lives. Happy St. David's Day to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.