Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Experiment with Eco dyeing 2

First of all, my 30 Days Wild pack has arrived.




It's got wild flower seeds, stickers and a poster to record your wild adventure through June. All you need to do is one wild thing a day throughout June, bringing yourself closer to nature and wildlife. It can be as simple as looking at which wild flowers are growing near you, watching the birds, finding out which insects are in your garden or local park, or you can try creating a piece of wild art using leaves and twigs or whatever you find. I'll be trying to do something. I see birds and bees quite regularly in my garden, so I'm kind of already 'wild' anyway! 😉

After my experiment with eco-dying and trying to get prints of leaves on fabric, which didn't really work, I've attempted it again.

This time, I put red onion skins in the water:




I collected some leaves from my garden, not taking too many from each plant, and spread them on the fabric:




Then I rolled one lot of fabric around a piece of branch and tied it with string. Another lot, I folded and secured with clips and string:





I immersed them in the red onion skin water and then simmered them. They're out of the pot now but I'm going to leave them for as long as I can stand the anticipation before unrolling them (which will probably only be until I finish writing this. 😁 )

When they're untied and properly dried, you'll see the result. It'll be really disappointing if there's no colour or anything on them.

Anyway, while I wait for those, I'm doing some other things and here is one of them, some sketches for a project I'm thinking of doing with hares.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.