Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Experiment with Eco dyeing 2 continued

If you saw my post last week, you'll know that I have tried eco dyeing again with leaves. I left the bundles rolled up for four days and these are the results.

I didn't get a full print of the leaves on my fabric, but there was some success with faint outlines.

This is the general colour of the fabric now:



Here is one of the faint leaf prints :



It's a stem of bramble with three leaves and you can just make out the shape, even the leaf veins, which I'm quite happy about.
Here's another :




One more :



And here's a faint ivy leaf print:




There was also some resist where I tied this piece of fabric with the string :



 I'm quite pleased that this second experiment turned out a bit better, but I might try again to see if I can get even stronger prints. I'm thinking of ideas of what to do with these pieces now they're done. I'm sure they can be made into something!

I also had a hair pin lace loom that can be used to crochet with free with a magazine last week and I think I may be becoming slightly obsessed with it. I've already done this:



I'll now be thinking of things to do with lacey crochet too!

For the next month, through June, I'll be doing 30 Days Wild with the Wildlife Trust so I'll be blogging about what I find, things I do and the nature all around. I'm looking forward to it and I hope you'll enjoy it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.