Pages

Friday 13 January 2017

More animals!

I know Christmas is well and truly over now and cracker jokes aren't that great, but I liked this one because it's connected to what I do:

Why are Christmas trees so bad at sewing?

Because they drop their needles! 

😄😒

*Tumbleweed goes rolling by*

Anyway.....

I was lucky enough to get Tim Peake's book Hello, is this Planet Earth? for Christmas. I love it. The photos of Earth from the International Space Station are fantastic and may inspire some art I do in the future. The expanse of the continents and the curve of the Earth make you realise what a wonderful, beautiful place the Earth is. It made me wonder if everyone had the chance to go up into space, just enough to look back on our home planet, would it be enough to inspire love for our world and put various things into perspective? Would it be enough to see we all live on this one planet and we need to share it and look after it?

The animals we share it with would appreciate it, I'm sure. I've done a few more drawings while I've been trying to recover from my cold. 

This is a magpie:

 


Here's a snow leopard. I think they're absolutely beautiful creatures.

 


A red squirrel:

 


And here are two I drew a while ago but I haven't put them on my blog yet. A little owl:




And an avocet:

 
 

I hope you're enjoying the new year so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.