Pages

Friday 6 October 2017

Moons and Skeletons.

Just a short post this week to show you my photos of the harvest moon from last night. It was so bright! 🌝



I couldn't quite get a good shot with all the markings you can usually see on the moon - the craters and everything, but I love the halo effect here.

Here's one with the silhouettes of leaves.




I love looking at the moon. There's something magical about it which seems to make me feel calm. Perhaps it's that the light is a reflection of the sun's light and so is more gentle.


I know we're coming up to Halloween, but the "skeletons" in the title of this post are not what you might think! 💀 😃

As I was in the garden today, I noticed that the hydrangea petals had turned to skeletons. All the colour and membrane have been worn away and all that's left is the weathered veins.




They are now just skeleton petals on the stem, looking like little, pale ghosts in the garden. It's quite sad but also quite beautiful.




I've nearly finished my shawl and my barn owl, so there'll be updates on them soon. Meanwhile, I hope you're enjoying the sunny autumnal days, even if it has turned a little bit chilly.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos here Sarah! I love the shots of the moon, and those skeletal petals too, how fitting for this time of year! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha. I love the skeletal petals - they look like natural lace.

      Delete
  2. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.