Pages

Friday 13 October 2017

Autumn Crochet

I've finished my crochet shawl! It's all done in time for the colder weather ahead. Here are some photos of it. (In case you're wondering, I'm modelling. πŸ˜ƒ)




Here's a side view.




And the back...








These photos don't really show the colours very well though. I think the light affected them on the day I took them and they look paler than they actually are, so here are some more shots which I hope show the colours better...







The way the wool worked as I crocheted, the colours seemed to naturally fall in a graduated effect, so that one side is full of pale, muted shades, while the other has more bold, deep shades.




I had to make over ninety tassels to create the fringe on the edge. 😣 But it was worth it and didn't take as long as I thought it would.

The wool itself is acrylic and very soft. I'm sure I'll love wearing it in the winter, all snug and cosy! It was lovely to work with too, so there may be more crocheted items on the way. 😊

Enjoy the weekend. πŸ’— There's meant to be a mini heatwave here so I probably won't need my shawl, but then a storm is forecast, so it may come in handy.




3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Sarah, the colours are perfect for autumn and the style is lovely too. It looks great on you! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, that's a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.