Pages

Saturday 29 April 2017

Rusty Wall Hanging.


I've finished my experimental rusted fabric wall hanging and here are the results. If you haven't seen my original post on actually rusting the fabric, you can see it HERE

This is the heart I created on one of the pieces of fabric with rusting powder and some lace at the edges:




Here is a piece which I decorated with hand embroidery, ribbon, machine embroidery, stamped hearts and wire spirals: 






This is the key image which I printed onto fabric then sewed on:





And here is the whole thing:





This is just a starting point. I'm hoping to do more experiments with rusting fabric and to develop them even further to create pieces that are more beautiful. As always, when they come into being, you'll see them here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous Sarah, I love it! The fabric looks amazing and I love the little details, especially the key! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I didn't feel to sure about it, but your comment has encouraged me. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.