Pages

Friday 24 February 2017

Butterfly Nature

I don't know if you've noticed but I sometimes flit like a butterfly between my works in progress. I've had to leave this work for now because I need more supplies to complete it and haven't had time to get them yet.




I kind of like working on several pieces at a time though as it gives me a break to work on one instead of another for a while. It also allows me to be flexible; if I'm feeling tired or something, I can work on easier things like simple sewing or drawing, like this, my drawing of an ocelot:




If I'm feeling at my best, I can work on more complicated things like intricate sewing, painting or detailed work, this painting for example:




Then there's all the other stuff in between for when I'm feeling in between. πŸ˜„

If you remember, I carried out an experiment with rusting fabric last year (you can see my post by clicking HERE) I left it for a while to decide what to do with the fabric I'd coloured with the rust and now I've carried on with it. Here is the result of the rust dyeing:




I've added a rust heart to one of the fabric pieces using rusting powder:




And this is how I've sewn it so far (complete with pins holding some of it together 😊 )


I've printed a key onto fabric which will be involved in some way.





I'll show you the developments as they come.

I found this in my garden the other day:




I love the shape of it. It's only a little piece of faded plant but I find it really beautiful. Maybe it'll end up in a piece of work. πŸ˜‰

2 comments:

  1. That ocelot drawing is stunning, what a beautiful piece, I love it! Love that plant at the end too, I can definitely see you using it in something, the textures and colour are lovely. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, maybe I'll have a few ideas soon for the plant. :)
      Sarah

      Delete

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.