Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Fabulous Felt



I first tried felting a long time ago, back in college. I left it alone for quite a while because I could never get the result I wanted, but having recently tried needle felting, it got me wanting to try wet felting again.

I got some wool from Crafty Cat Knitty Bits and started to felt, only then remembering the effort involved in rubbing the fibres together. Anyway, I carried on, nearly getting repetitive strain injury, and here is the result. I think I should have started with something smaller, but it kind of worked as a first attempt after so long. 



 I tried to get a kind of vessel shape and tried to keep all the beautiful colours visible in their own right rather than mixing them up.



 I added the swirls when it was dry using needle felting. It was easier than trying to achieve them with the wet method and I’m fairly happy with it, but I need to refine some parts when I do another vessel and I may go smaller. All part of the learning process! 



I quite enjoyed making it. I think there’s something about making something with your hands, especially being so ‘hands-on’ with felting. It seems like a natural thing to be doing and is very satisfying, especially when you get a product at the end of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.