Pages

Thursday 22 February 2018

Cat Nap 2 cont..


Did you hear about the earthquake in Wales at the weekend? Did you feel it? I did. I’d never felt an earthquake before so I didn’t know what was going on; it seems most people didn’t. I think practically everyone thought there’d been some kind of crash of some sort. I was almost at the epicentre so I felt a huge shudder of the chair I was sitting on and heard a rumble. It wasn’t until I checked social media that I felt reassured that it wasn’t something bad.

Just to prove that Wales is still in one piece after it, here’s a photo I took from the car. 



It’s not bad considering we were going about 70 mph. Don’t worry, I wasn’t driving! 😉😁

I’ve continued working on my Cat Nap 2 and here’s the final piece:



It’s all embroidered by hand with stitches suggesting the fur in the various colours and from dark to light. Here’s a close up:




While I’ve been working on this, the garden has begun to sprout back into life. The privets which I cut back last year have new little leaves:




There are small leaf buds on branches:




The crocuses are awake and showing their gorgeous purple:




Snowdrops have burst forth from their winter sleep:





I bought some roses last weekend to cheer things up even more:



Their yellow looks wonderful against my purple wall. I’ve been feeling tired recently so the colour really brought some brightness to the cloudy days.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.