Pages

Friday 5 January 2018

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year! Christmas and New Year seemed to go really fast for me and now here we are in at the beginning of 2018. I hope you enjoyed the holidays and had a chance to relax. For some reason I don’t really feel like I had that much time to ‘just be’ as it all went so quickly, but I had a lovely Christmas anyway.

Well, it’s back to normal from now on I suppose, with the decorations coming down today. The rooms will look extremely bare. I’m thinking of making some decorations that can be put up at different times of the year, although it depends how much time I have! 😊

For now, I’ve made this to remind me of the Spring and the light, sunnier times ahead.



It’s a cherry blossom which fell from my tree last year. I pressed it and stuck it to card with tissue paper, then stamped butterflies around it.

In the garden there are signs of Spring already. My mother’s camellia has been flowering for a while. It always flowers during the winter though. 🌼



There are daffodils sprouting in my pots. 🌱




And there are bluebell leaves emerging from the earth. 🌿



I don’t really make New Year’s resolutions, I gave that up a long time ago because I just got disappointed if I didn’t stick to them. But I have got goals for this year which I hope to share with you as and when they’re achieved. They include new textile projects to work on, more painting and one big goal that I’ve been hoping to achieve for a while, but I don’t want to say too much about that yet. When I seem to have got near to it before, I’ve had setbacks, so I’m waiting until it’s actually done so I don’t speak too soon!  πŸ˜ƒ

Whatever your plans are for this year I wish you all the best with them. Have a lovely weekend. πŸ’–

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.