Pages

Friday 8 September 2017

Autumn leaves & Silver Linings

I'd hoped to have finished my barn owl wall hanging by now, but as I mentioned in earlier posts, things have been a bit busy recently. I have made some progress though, with machine embroidery.





The stitches represent the wheat in the field around the owl. There's still a lot more to do, much more machine embroidery and some hand stitching as well.

I found this leaf this week and I couldn't resist picking it up. The colours on it are so lovely, starting to turn from green to autumnal yellow and red.




We've had some sunny weather this week which produced beautiful sky scenes that I managed to capture in photos. A lovely blue sky with white fluffy clouds and the sun shining off them like silver lining.



This photo would be better if the telephone line wasn't right in the middle of it but I had to take it anyway! 😁 I thought the clouds looked like fluffy white hills.





I received a delivery of some gorgeous yarn this week which I'd ordered to try out as the colours are so beautiful. When I opened the package, I was surprised at how soft it is.




I can't wait to crochet with it in my spare time to see what it's like to handle. It's dyed different colours along the length of yarn, so the shade will change as I work and should produce a great effect. I'll show you the results when I've finished.

Have a great weekend. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.