Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

New Ideas, New Work

Hello! I'm back. Did you miss me? 😉 After the busyness of 30 Days Wild I only intended to take a break of a week or two from blogging, but it became an extended break due to various things that happened. 😑 I return, though, with new ideas and new works in progress to show you.

Here's the first one, my barn owl painting. If you've seen my last post for 30 Days Wild, you'll have seen this painting already, but now I've developed it further. This is the original:




I've dyed some cotton and muslin with tea. It turned out quite well I think and it matches the colour I painted in the background. Tea gives a lovely muted, natural colour and it's also eco-friendly, something I'm very conscious of. I don't want to harm the environment with chemicals just to produce my work.




I've printed my painting onto fabric and next I'm going to layer it on the tea-dyed cotton, then sew on it with a combination of hand and machine embroidery.



That's my work in progress so far, it's been a bit slow the last month or so! 😊 I hope to get this done though, so I can show you the finished thing. I haven't really planned this one, I'm letting it unfold in it's own way, so I don't really know what will happen with it. I hope it works. 😉

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah that is absolutely gorgeous, what a stunning painting! I must set aside some time and go back through your other 30 Days Wild posts too, I'm so sorry I'm so behind! I hope you're doing OK too, I needed a mini break after the challenge as well so don't worry - it takes a lot out of you. Beautiful painting! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No worries, it was quite a busy time.
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.