Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Time Flies ~ Vintage Rose

Here is the 'Time Flies ~ Vintage Rose' version of the 'Purple Rose' I showed you last time. (See here.)

It was inspired by the same ideas as the purple version but this was based on old sepia photographs, fading handwriting in letters and memories of the past, of things that are no more.  





It was basically made to the same pattern as the last one, except I used a distress vintage spray to colour the fabric, the rose was printed in white and I used gold on the petal edges. 

I've also hand sewn the edges with a thread that has some sparkle to it. 

 


I printed the butterflies and script with a deep brown and the words 'Time Flies' with a white~gold mix.

 


The 'old gold' square around the rose was painted with a mix of gold and burnt umber acrylic.

 


Then I dyed lace with tea and painted patches of it with a mix of gold and white to give a more mottled, aged appearance. I sewed the lace on with machine embroidery around the edges of the square with an 'Old Gold' shade of thread and used the same pattern on the hanging strips.

As a last touch before sewing it all together, I painted the lace with Champagne glamour dust, so as the light hits it, it glitters and sparkles. I think you can just about see it in the main image. (I love a bit of sparkle!)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.