Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my brand new blog. (Yay!)

I'm Sarah, a textile artist and I'm going to share with you my works in progress, the textile pieces I make, my drawings and my paintings. 

I'll also share my interests with you, which are a big influence on my work, the main one being nature. 

I began drawing as soon as I was old enough to hold a pencil and art was one of my favourite subjects at school (I didn't have many favourite subjects). My mother taught me to sew and knit and textiles turned out to be something I love, so that's what I'm doing, having studied Surface Pattern Design.

So, to begin, here is my painting which has recently been in an exhibition at the National Botanic Gardens of Wales.


I love the beauty of the Welsh landscape and never tire of looking at it.

Here's a recent painting I did of a puffin, though I hope you'll be able to tell what it is! I love these birds. So cute!




This is my current work in progress, a textile piece I'm calling 'Time Flies'.




It has much more to be done to it and I'll show you its progress as I go.

I might also be venturing into mixed media art and fantasy art (maybe!), so I look forward to sharing my new adventures with you. I hope you'll enjoy it and join me on my journey of discovery as I create and explore. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.